5 Digital Marketing skills YOUR Listing agent MUST be using RIGHT NOW!
Selling your home has never been as complex of a process as it is today. Selecting the right real estate agent to sell your home can truly make the difference in success and failure. Digital Marketing is a “head spinning” concept that can truly get your listing in front of the right people at the right time. It is not something you can learn overnight and is something that is constantly evolving.
Digital Marketing skills was not something you needed 15 years ago. A Real Estate agent really only had to get your home plugged into the MLS system and you were off to the races.
A few years after that it got even easier! Input your listing into the MLS and it got picked up by Zillow and Realtor.com.
Fast forward to today’s market and your listing is being picked up by thousands of sites worldwide. Sounds even easier right? Think again. If your listing is clean, updated, and underpriced, this may still be all you need your Realtor to do. If not, the Realtor needs to do a lot more to get your home in front of the right buyers.
Here are 5 of the absolute minimum skills.
1. Facebook paid advertisement with micro-targeted ads. Your home needs to be in front of those that are looking in your area now. From the unlimited “information collecting skills” of Facebook you can pinpoint those people who first can afford your home and then those that are looking in your neighborhood.
2. Instagram Content Provider – Anyone can have an Instagram account and post “Just Listed” photos. Your agent should be actively engaged in market content daily to get you in front of those that may be looking in your area. Appropriate content, photos, and hashtags all lead a path to those who might be ready to make an offer! Boosting a post is another easy way to increase your REACH!
3. Youtube – Most agents have a fear of the camera! It is another avenue to get your home out to the masses. Especially when millennials engage more now on their phone than in actual person (Market Watch) Some of the best agents incorporate video into their marketing program and highlight it on Youtube.
4. Marketing E-mail blasting systems – Being in front of a captive audience is key to finding the right buyer at the right time. Utilizing an effective email blasting system to push your listing out in front of active buyers and local Realtors is crucial and should be done regularly.
5. Blogging – If you are even unsure as to what this is or if your agent has no idea, then you might want to keep interviewing. A very small percentage of agents Blog. Blogging is what real estate professionals should be doing to stay relevant in the market. They write about current trends, self-help, and strategies in the world of Real Estate. Not only does this serve as evidence that you have a top knotch agent, but it also provides fresh relevant content. GOOGLE LOVES NEW CONTENT!
Please keep all of these skills in mind when interviewing an agent. There are tons more! If your real estate professional can at least show you proficiency in most of these, then you know this is a forward-thinking agent. They also should be able to easily supply you with examples of each of these.
Gone are the days of the newspaper MLS Hot Sheet! Now we can video walkthrough a home with our phones and post it to social media with targets on thousands of interested homebuyers who were looking in the neighborhood this morning.
If you would like more information on what a Listing agent should be doing for your listing, email us at Info@RIFlorida.com
Broker/Owner – Realty International