5 Signs you need to RUN from your Listing Agent and find a better one!
IMAGINE the scenario…Its time to sell the BIGGEST asset you have ever owned. You have made the decision to move and you need help with the process. You google “Local Real Estate Agents” hoping you will find the BEST OF THE BEST. You pick the Agent at the top of the list and turn your highest commodity over into their hands! Did you pick the right one?
In the Real Estate Biz agents are constantly competing with other agents. They are always trying to “one-up” the competition and show a buyer or seller how your service and plan is better than everyone else’s. The question then comes down to if one agent is better than any other agent. In my many years of experience, there are a lot of genuine professionals that bring an “A” level game, and then there are those that you need to RUN from! These are the most fun to talk about so we will start with these.
Here is a condensed list of 5 signs, the listing agent you picked for your home is probably not the right one.
1. If the agent talks in what I like to call “absolute certainty”. Phrases like, “I will sell your house in 30 days for over asking price”. When an agent is telling you the price he can sell your home at and it seems way higher than your expectation and it an unrealistic timeframe with no fact to back it up
2. Look at the Photos! That tells you a lot about the caliber agent you have. If he shows up with his cell phone (yes this still happens). My favorite response to this is that today’s camera takes better photos than professional cameras. Compare them with the photographer using a wide-angle professional lens?
3. “Where did by listing agent go??? Does your agent communicate with you at a minimum of once every 1-2 weeks? Is communication meaningful and specific to your home? What are their plans for the upcoming week?
4. Constantly asking for Price Reductions – If you and your agent have done your homework and are realistic about the process, there should never be a need for a price reduction. However, in reality, most homeowners want to “test the waters” with an unrealistic starting price. If the agent tells you he can sell it for that price, he is most likely going to use the tactic of getting the listing and then hammering you week after week until the price is what the market will bear.
5. What is the online presence of your home What does their website look like? Better yet, do they have their own website? If they do, when was the last time it was updated? Do they have a Blog section? Click on it to see when the last entry was. Finding your home on Zillow is not the best indicator of an online presence. They pull their information from the MLS as do most other real estate websites. Google your address to see where it is located. You should have TONS of hits. Ask him/her how many followers they have on Facebook or Instagram. How many times a week do they post content to these social media outlets.
When hiring a real estate professional to sell one of the biggest assets you will ever own, take some time to look around and ask a lot of questions. A quality professional will always offer a satisfaction guarantee. To learn more about a proper marketing plan you can visit the author’s website at https://www.theallenrealestateteam.com/marketing-your-home/
Matthew W. Allen / Co-Founder-Broker Associate
Matta@RIFlorida.com / 321-228-5555
Realty International/The Allen Real Estate Team
102 W. 6th Ave., Windermere, Fl. 34786